Whether you are planning on hiring a personal injury attorney or not, it is important to keep track of all the paperwork and information relevant to your accident claim.
Every situation is different. At Sweet James, we know what information from the accident you will need to use and the most advantageous times to use it. Regardless of the specifics of your claim, the following information can make or break your case.
Use this as an accident checklist for success:
- Location of where the accident occurred
- Date and time of the accident
- Name and contact number of the law enforcement officer who took the police report
- Name and address of any ambulance or emergency medical treatment you received
- Name and address of each doctor who has treated your injuries
- Name and insurance information of all people involved in the accident
- Name and contact numbers for any witnesses
- Documentation of any time off from work due to the accident or medical treatment
- Name, contact numbers, and claim number of all insurance adjusters you’ve spoken to
- The declaration page from your auto insurance and/or your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance
- Health insurance card or policy details
- Accident report such as a police report
- Photos of your visible injuries, throughout the healing process
- Photos of the property damage related to the incident
- All correspondence with the insurance companies
- All correspondence with the defendant or other involved parties
- All medical billing and records from the treatment of your injuries
- Any other receipts for accident-related spending
After being injured in an accident, it can be challenging to compile all the needed documents and evidence to support your claim while also recovering. Because accident claims are a lot of work and require investigation, it is best to hire someone with experience to help you with the claims process.
At Sweet James, we have the resources to take care of negotiations with the insurance company and ensure you are compensated fairly. While you focus on healing, we will keep you updated with the progress of your claim.
If you have any questions, call us at (800) 500-5200. We’ll be more than happy to review the details of your accident claim and help you get treated. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for a free strategy session.