About Kurt Maahs
Mr. Maahs is the Managing Attorney of our Arizona practice. He has tried, arbitrated, and mediated hundreds of cases; including multi-million dollar recoveries for clients with significant injuries, such as traumatic brain injury, paraplegia, and burns.
Mr. Maahs uses his vast experience to pursue and protect the rights of our Arizona clients and their families. He has dedicated his career to helping injury victims obtain justice from major insurance companies and corporations.
Mr. Maahs’ experience includes automobile liability, premises liability, trucking, products liability, workers’ compensation, employment law, professional liability, insurance, and commercial litigation.
Throughout his career, Mr. Maahs has represented consumers and numerous Fortune 500 companies, including Walgreens, United Technologies, Nationwide, State Farm, Chubb Insurance, Auto-Owners, Hartford, AIG, Johnson and Johnson, Marriott, Phillip Morris, Home Depot and DaVita.
“In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems, for issues concerning treatment of people are all the same.”
- Managing Attorney, Sweet James Arizona Office
- Chair Trucking Accident Litigation Department
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys
- American Association of Justice
- Sandra Day O’Connor Inn of Court
- Arizona Association of Justice, Board of Directors
- Arizona Bar Association
- Licensed to practice law in: Arizona, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska
- Hundreds of Millions Recovered for Clients