Girl Killed After Being Electrocuted in a Swimming Pool

Pool SafetyOn Sunday, a 9-year-old girl was electrocuted in a swimming pool when the pool’s light malfunctioned.

The pool light was in the process of being repaired because of a weak spot where the light connects to the fixture in the pool. The child was rushed to the hospital after the electrocution Sunday afternoon, where she later passed away.

Authorities have classified the girl’s death as an accident and are conducting a more detailed investigation.

This summer, make sure to practice pool safety with your children. While faulty circuit accidents in the pool are rare, it’s important to take the necessary precautions to keep you and your family safe and prevent anyone from being electrocuted in a swimming pool.

You should check your pool’s circuit breaker every month or so. If you don’t know the condition of your pool’s electrical system, meet with someone experienced in repairing and maintaining pool lights and pumps.

If you or a loved one is injured in an accident due to a product defect or malfunction, you should seek assistance from an experienced personal injury lawyer. It can be difficult to determine liability in a product defect accident. That’s why the team at Sweet James is here to get you the care and compensation you deserve when you suffer due to another’s negligence.

Call 1-800-881-2021 for information pertaining to a personal injury accident. We offer free strategy sessions with our accident attorneys 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so that you get the guidance you need.

Posted in Accidents and tagged , , , , , , , , .