Protecting Your Health
Protecting Your Health
As an injury victim, your top priority is restoring your health to what it was prior to your accident. The importance of seeking immediate medical attention at a hospital or clinic can’t be overemphasized.
Some injuries can dramatically worsen over time when left untreated. Keep in mind it is best to evaluate and treat injuries as soon as possible after an accident. The sooner you begin your road to recovery, the better.
COMMON NECK AND BACK INJURIES
Many of our clients experience symptoms of whiplash following their accident. Whiplash can range from light to severe and often accompanies other neck and back injuries like stiffness, soreness, and decreased range of motion.
- The “whipping” movement of a person’s head can cause serious lasting trauma. Please do not take this pain lightly.
- Visit a doctor promptly after an accident to have the true extent of your injuries properly assessed and documented.
- Whether sustained in a car accident, a slip and fall, or an assault, whiplash injuries require a thorough medical examination.
- It’s important to note the symptoms of a whiplash-related injury can become more serious down the road. Unfortunately, many victims do not seek treatment until more severe complications develop.
- Nearly 45% of whiplash victims report they still suffer from symptoms up to two years later.
TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURIES (TBI)
Head injuries fall into two categories: closed (the skull remains intact) and open (the skull is open).
- Some types of injuries can lead to paralysis, chronic migraines, coma, speech problems, seizures, or loss of sensory perception.
- Head injuries do not often stand-alone; they are usually accompanied by other major injuries.
- Your head is more fragile than you may think. Seek medical attention immediately if you or someone you know suffered a head injury in an accident.
- Remember, you may not feel the severity of the symptoms right away.
OTHER COMMON SERIOUS INJURIES
Some accidents can lead to serious injuries. It is important to seek the counsel of an established accident attorney to help you navigate the waters of your claim. It is important to protect yourself and your family financially if you are adapting to a life-changing injury.
An experienced personal injury attorney will pursue the negligent party’s insurance company for your medical expenses, future medical needs, and lifelong care, if necessary. The need for this compensation is heightened if you or your family will not be able to recover to your pre-accident condition.
HIRING AN ATTORNEY ALLOWS YOU TO FOCUS ON HEALTH
Receiving further reimbursement for medical treatment is difficult once your claim has settled. A settlement can take into account future treatment when documented or recommended by a doctor. We have many clients who require long-term pain management, physical therapy, or follow-up surgeries.
Managing your medical treatment, juggling your medical bills, and negotiating a settlement with the insurance company can quickly become overwhelming. After all, this isn’t just a case — it’s your life. At Sweet James, our skilled accident attorneys will take the lead on your personal injury settlement so you can focus on what matters most.
Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (800) 500-5200 for a complimentary strategy session. Let us do the heavy lifting for you.